Monday, March 19, 2012

AAQI Team Effort

Garden Maze  6.5" x 10"  Hand Quilted by Irene
These two little quilts are a team effort.

I am very lucky to know Irene.  Even luckier that she agreed to hand quilt two little tops I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI).

Irene is special for many reasons and I greatly admire her.
She is 91 and lives independently, in fact you could probably say Irene is fiercely independent.
She still volunteers, paints china and is still quilting!



This one is titled:  Garden Maze  #9761

I'll have registration numbers later in the week.







Spring Green   6.5" x 10" Hand Quilted by Irene
This one is titled:  Spring Green  #9760

She did an amazing job with such sweet tiny stitches - wonderful binding and 'Fast Finish Triangles' for quick hanging.

I'm just getting them registered and will let you know when they are available.

In the mean time there are many wonderful little quilts available for purchase.  I plan to do some shopping myself.  Lori, of Humble Quilts got me started on these treasures.

Have a great week - and I hope your quilting has some fun team efforts involved!

I'm going no comments for a while - email me if you'd like.